Certified Fixed Wing Aircraft
Cushion Systems and Complete Seat Assemblies
You can be confident bringing your certified aircraft seating needs to Oregon Aero. Our maximum-comfort seating systems are available for individual aircraft as well as to airframe manufacturers. We work individually with our customers to provide:
- Certified aircraft seating upgrades using our VK SmartCushion™ system. Upgrades are performed at Oregon Aero's FAA approved Repair Station. We provide documentation for return-to-service.
- High-volume, certified VK SmartCushion™ systems and High-G® Seat Assemblies to airframe manufacturers and after-market service providers. Oregon Aero seating meets FAA requirements, regulations, dynamic testing, and complements TSO’d restraint systems.
How our repair station works
- Call Oregon Aero’s Seat Department at 800-888-6910 to arrange to send or bring your seat to Oregon Aero.
- Once we have your seat we strip it down to the frame, inspect for damage, and arrange for any necessary repairs.
- We then clean the frame and repaint it if necessary. If required, a new webbing system will be installed.
- We build new seat cushions layer by layer. Our design system uses multiple materials, including custom shaped pieces of visco-elastic foam.
- We can provide custom upholstery in fabric, leather, leather and fabric, leather and sheepskin, or fabric and sheepskin. We offer free design consulting and provide upholstery samples if requested.
- When completed, we’ll ship your seat to you or you can come to our facility and pick it up.
Repair Station FAQ
How can Oregon Aero provide a seat cushion upgrade that’s customized for my aircraft and me?
Oregon Aero has more than 25 years experience engineering, testing, certifying, and manufacturing advanced seating systems. Our seat cushions are designed for the specific cockpit and application. When designing our seat cushions, our engineers take into account the environment, variables of space, interface, and special customer requirements. Oregon Aero seat cushions shift the occupant's hips, pelvis and back into the most comfortable sitting position. Our seat cushions are designed to distribute the occupant's weight evenly over the surface area to maintain blood circulation and prevent "hot spots".
Do you re-upholster the upgraded seat cushions?
We can provide custom upholstery in fabric, leather, leather and fabric, leather and sheepskin, or fabric and sheepskin. Free design consulting and upholstery samples are available upon request. Oregon Aero offers more than just seat upgrades. We can also provide custom aircraft interior upgrades. To learn more about our interior upgrade services Click Here
Can my existing upholstery be used on my seat cushion upgrade?
No, we do not reinstall existing upholstery. We can provide custom upholstery in leather, fabric, leather and fabric, leather and sheepskin, or fabric and sheepskin.
How long will it take for you to upgrade my seat?
Call us at 800-888-6910 to discuss your individual needs. The turnaround time for your seat upgrade depends on the type of work being done and Oregon Aero's current workload.
Should I disassemble my seat before I ship it to you?
No. Regardless of condition, we prefer that the upholstery and foam are intact when the seat arrives. Having the existing cushions in place helps as we plan the upgrade. You may separate the back from the seat bottom to make shipping easier.
How do I arrange to have my seat upgraded?
Call us at 800-888-6910 to discuss your upgrade options and schedule a time to ship or bring your seat to Oregon Aero.
Do you provide other aircraft interior services?
Yes, we offer complete Aircraft Interior Upgrades. Complete upgrades include: side panel recovering, carpet replacement, glare shield cover replacement, seat belt & webbing replacement,* general corrosion repair,* cable inspection & repair,* and window replacement.* (*The last four services are provided through affiliation with an FAA-approved Repair Station.) To learn more about our interior upgrade services Click Here
Oregon Aero complies with all applicable FAA regulations by supplying FAA-approved seating and other parts to the public and OEMs. Oregon Aero is an FAA-approved Repair Station #O1IR004X.
"Oregon Aero makes fantastic seat cushions. If you make long flights, the cushions can prevent untold amounts of squirming and discomfort." — Dave Hirschman, AOPA Pilot ‘Frugal Flier’ column